Latest News (February 2017) – Woof’n Rose wines will be featured at a wine pairing dinner, Friday February 10, at Jeremy’s on the Hill Restaurant in Julian, please see the link below for menu, details, and reservations:
2016 Wine Competition Results
- 2012 Reserve Merlot – Double Gold Medal (Toast of the Coast), also Best of Ramona Valley, and Best Merlot. Rich Cook, a well known wine judge and Director for several wine competitions posted the following review at winereviewonline.com
- 2012 Petit Verdot – Gold Medal (Toast of the Coast), also Best Petit Verdot; Silver Medal (Fingerlakes International)
- 2012 Eglantine (Meritage) – Silver Medal (Toast of the Coast and Fingerlakes International)
- 2012 Cabernet Franc – Silver Medal (Toast of the Coast and Fingerlakes International)
- 2011 Reserve Estate Cabernet Franc – Silver Medal (Toast of the Coast and Fingerlakes International)
- 2012 Grenache Noir – Silver Medal Toast of the Coast); Bronze Medal (Fingerlakes International)
About the Winery
On a north facing hillside overlooking the Ramona Valley AVA sits Woof’n Rose Winery and its vineyards. Stephen and Marilyn Kahle own and operate the vineyard and winery with help from three sons and their respective families. The Kahles love of dogs, and rose bushes surrounding the winery, give a clue as to how aptly the winery is named.
Woof’n Rose makes all of its wines from Ramona Valley grapes, most estate grown on premises. Annual production is 300 to 350 cases per year. The specialty is Cabernet Franc, but the small vineyards also include all of the other classic Bordeaux varietals, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Malbec, and Petit Verdot, as well as Grenache Noir and Alicante Bouschet; the wines reflect these varietals and blends comprised of them. When you visit Woof’n Rose Winery for tasting you will sit on an outdoor veranda, overlooking the vineyards and the Ramona Valley, and will chat directly with the owners who double as grower, winemaker, and marketer.
Woof’n Rose’s invitation to you is to enjoy the view, conversation, and
Please sip our wine in your quality time,
Time to smell the roses,
Time to kiss puppy noses!